FEES - effective March 1, 2023
|Applicable to all collection haulers of commercial and industrial waste as well as private residents.|
|Domestic Garbage, Dry Waste, Metals, Paper and Cardboard|
|Resident of Melfort||Minimum Charge of $16.50for first 100 kg (220 lbs.)|
Plus over 100 kg @ $99.00/1000 kg (2200 lbs.)
|Non-Resident||Minimum Charge of $22.00 for first 100 kg (220 lbs.)|
Plus over 100 kg @ $143.00/1000 kg (2200 lbs.)
Refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers, chillers, vending machines, water coolers and dehumidifiers will not be accepted at the City landfill without a dealer's tag to confirm the absence of refrigerant and mercury.
|Tires||Passenger Vehicle Tires - $8.00 per tire |
Medium Truck Tires (600 mm) 21"-30" Rim - $16.50 per tire
Large Agricultural Tires 24"-54" Rim - $27.50 per tire
|Animals||Large (Livestock) - $27.50/tonne plus $93.50|
Small - $18.70/tonne plus $29.70
|Elm Trees/Dutch Elm Disease||Elm trees from within the Melfort corporate limits - Free|
Elm trees from outside the Melfort corporate limits - subject to non-resident of Melfort rate above
|Grain Cleanings||$39.60/tonne, with one week's notice to the City Foreman prior to disposal|
|Grain Bags||Free for secure, mechanically-rolled and tied grain bags.|
$132.00/bag, plus $49.50/1000 kg (2200 lbs.) over 100 kg for unsecure bags
|Vac/Hydro Truck||Mud/Water/Sludge - $27.50 per truck load|
|Wastes which are ACCEPTED*||Wastes which are NOT ACCEPTED|
|General wastes||Hazardous/toxic wastes|
|Demolition rubble||Liquid wastes|
|Scrap metal||Burning wastes|
|Scrap tires||Straw, hay, manure|
|Clean fill dirt or clay accepted FREE|
- That the landfill has video surveillance of the vehicles passing over the scale to help us improve the screening of the loads and to minimize the time you spend on the scale.
- That there is absolutely no scavaging at the landfill.
- That you must stop at the scale house after you dump your load.
- Pick up your free baler twine disposal bag from the landfill and return it for disposal free of charge.
- The landfill no longer accepts contaminated soil
- Landfill Brochure
- Aerial Photo of Landfill Layout
- Compost Site
- Waste & Recyclables Collection & Disposal Bylaw
- Saskatchewan Twine Recycling Pilot Project
- Saskatchewan Grain Bag Recycling